Awesome Part 3 of a conversation between Quoir authors Matthew Distefano, Keith Giles, and Jamal Jivanjee and about how Evangelical Christian views of the crucifixion relate to ideas about redemptive violence, and more.
In this Podcast we talk about:
- 2:30 – Are we making claims for the Bible that it doesn’t even make for itself?
- 9:55 – What is a “Flat Bible” perspective vs a “Jesus-Centric” perspective?
- 14:50 – Why Jesus is superior to the Old Testament
- 18:40 – Has the Bible hindered Christianity?
- 26:00 – Is it appropriate to “chuck the Scripture”?
- 30:25 – Why context matters
- 31:50 – Why the Holy Spirit and community are essential to understanding Scripture
Suggested reading for further study
- Who Wrote the Bible
- Disarming Scripture
- Healing the Gospel
- What Is the Bible?
- The Bible Tells Me So
- Reading the Bible with Rene Girard
- Jesus Driven Life
- Stricken By God